Monday, May 23, 2011

first post!







So here's a few of the better observational drawings/caricatures I've done over the past month or so, I usually draw on the subway, bus, train and occasionally while watching tv. Trying to bring drawing into as many possible facets of my life as possible, something Walt Stanchfield inspired me to do. I want to draw so much around people but often feel like it would be inappropriate because I should be I dunno a little more present. I feel like sometimes were I to be drawing I would end up trying to capture life rather than living it. There's all sorts of good arguments against that though, when you're drawing you do want to be present and connect emotionally so you could make a pretty strong argument there that drawing is a means for you to connect to life. But these are questions with answers earned through experience not through reason. These are drawn between 30 seconds to 5 minutes. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment